Knauf Gypsum Pty Ltd ABN 84 004 231 976 (Knauf) recognises the importance of the privacy of individuals who have dealings with Knauf, such as customers, suppliers, employees and others interested in Knauf’s products and services. This policy outlines how Knauf collects, processes, uses and manages personal information and you hereby consent to the same.
1.1 Personal Information Knauf Collects
Knauf collects personal information where reasonably necessary for its functions and activities. Personal information that Knauf may hold includes the following:
· name, address and contact details (including email address, mobile telephone number and the name of the organisation you work for);
· date of birth;
· employment and income details;
· bank account details;
· details of the products and services provided by Knauf;
· details of an individual’s dealings with Knauf, including records of telephone, email and online interactions;
· credit-related personal information (see section 1.9 below);
· photos and CCTV recordings; and
· personal information provided by an individual from time to time.
1.2 How Knauf Collects Personal Information
Knauf collects personal information directly from an individual where reasonable and practical. Such information may be provided on written orders, emails, credit applications or other correspondence whether in hardcopy or online. Knauf may also collect such information from other sources, including:
· other entities who provide services to Knauf related to the products and services provided by Knauf;
· publicly available sources of information including social media;
· an individual’s representatives (e.g. spouse, professional adviser);
· companies that are associated entities of Knauf.
When individuals access the Knauf website, Knauf may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date referring URL, pages accessed, type of web browser and operating systems.
Cookies are small files which require user permission in order to be installed on a computer’s hard drive. Cookies will only start to perform their functions after such permission is granted. By collecting and analysing data on the user’s browsing patterns, cookies allow web applications to respond to the user as an individual by tailoring a web application’s operations to the user’s specific needs and preferences. Permission for cookies is granted by default in most web browsers. This function may be disabled in the web browser's settings, however, this may disable the full functionality of Knauf’s website. Knauf may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This use is designed to assist Knauf in gathering data on web page traffic. The gathered data is used only for statistical purposes and is removed from Knauf's database shortly after. Overall, the data collected by the cookies is used for the purpose of improving the browsing experience on the Knauf website. Cookies do not grant Knauf access to the computers used to access the website or any information outside of the browsing activity on Knauf's website.
1.3 How Knauf Uses Personal Information and to Whom it is Disclosed
Knauf collects, uses and discloses personal information generally to provide customers with products and services requested, to provide information about Knauf and its products and services and such other purposes directly related to the foregoing. Knauf may also use personal information to make an individual aware of Knauf’s other products and services or offerings provided by Knauf in conjunction with its business partners or associates. Knauf may not be able to do these things without the individual’s personal information. Knauf may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with potential or actual unlawful activity, misconduct or transfers of Knauf’s business or assets. For example, without limitation, we may use the information to:
· identify you and to assist you clarify any of our relevant products and services more easily;
· assess and manage your credit application,
· consider any order you may make and provide or change the products and services you require,
· administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
· inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
· conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
· research and develop our products and services ;
· maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
· inform you of matters about which we believe you may have an interest;
· assist statistical, actuarial or research analysis as we consider is necessary for business purposes.
· notify you of our product and service offerings from time to time; and
· comply with legislative and regulatory requirements
Knauf understands the importance of keeping personal information private and only discloses such information to third parties in limited circumstances. Third parties with whom Knauf usually exchanges information include:
· credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
· an individual’s representatives;
· Knauf’s professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing and business consulting advisers;
· government and regulatory authorities;
· associated entities of Knauf;
· Knauf’s business partners; and
· any third party requested or authorised by you.
Knauf also exchanges personal information with contractors who manage services provided on Knauf’s behalf, or who provide services to Knauf, including:
· mailing services;
· billing and debt recovery functions;
· customer injury services;
· marketing functions; and
· website, data management and technology services.
1.4 Protection of your information
We will take reasonable steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
1.5 Data Breaches
We are aware of and will comply with the mandatory data breach reporting obligations as set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
We recognise and acknowledge the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We do not believe the GDPR applies to the majority (if not all) of our operations. However, we are committed to providing a consistent approach to data protection and ensuring the security and protection of personal information and, insofar as the GDPR applies to our operations, we will act in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR.
1.7 Direct Marketing
By accepting Knauf’s products and services you expressly permit Knauf and the Knauf group of companies to use your personal information for our direct marketing purposes. You consent to our use of your personal information to issue product and professional mail outs by email, fax, social media or letters and undertaking other marketing or service-based activities.
If you do not wish to receive any of these materials, please contact us at MarketingAU@knauf.com to opt out or follow the prompts in the communication which will provide a method for opting out.
You can change your mind about receiving materials or information about our products and services at any time by contacting us.
You may opt out of any direct marketing service at any time.
We will never sell, license, trade or provide your personal information to another person for direct marketing purposes.
1.8 Cross Border Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your information within the Knauf international group of companies or other service suppliers outside Australia. We may use new technologies from time to time and personal information may be stored outside Australia. However, we will not transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country unless we have appropriate protections in place as required by the relevant privacy laws.
You hereby give your consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of its country of origin.
Where Knauf discloses personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may also store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
Knauf will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws, or binding schemes, which Knauf reasonably believes protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles or will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to require that third parties located overseas protect personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
1.9 Credit-Related Personal Information
Knauf sometimes provides products and services to customers on credit. In connection with this credit, Knauf does in some cases handle certain consumer credit-related personal information described below (credit-related personal information), including information from credit reporting bodies (CRBs). For example, Knauf may handle this information in providing credit to sole traders, or where individuals such as directors provide personal guarantees for credit Knauf provides to their companies.
You consent and authorise Knauf to use and disclose your personal information to:
· obtain credit information about your personal, consumer and commercial credit worthiness from any bank or trade referee and from any other credit provider or CRB for the purpose of:
• assessing an application for credit;
• considering any future request to adjust the credit limit or the terms of credit; or
• at any time while credit is being provided to ascertain the continuing creditworthiness of the customer or any guarantor;
· use, disclose or exchange with other credit providers and associated entities of Knauf information about your credit arrangements in order to assess any application for credit, monitor credit worthiness and collect overdue accounts; and
· disclose the contents of any credit report to other associated entities of Knauf, and any of their solicitors and mercantile agents.
1.10 Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data
Knauf takes reasonable steps to ensure any personal information collected is accurate, correct and up-to date. If an individual has provided personal data to Knauf which is wrong or has been updated, a written request should be sent to Knauf to correct and/or update such personal information. If Knauf has reasonable grounds to believe that such correction or update should not be made, it shall annotate the personal information with the correction that was requested but not made.
1.11 Accessing and Updating Personal Information
In most cases an individual can gain access to or update personal information held by Knauf. To make a request to access or update personal information held by Knauf, contact Knauf in writing. Knauf may need to verify the individual's identity. Knauf may charge a fee to cover the cost of retrieving and copying requested information.
1.12 Withdrawal of Consent
An individual may withdraw his/her consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. To withdraw his/her consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information held by Knauf, contact Knauf in writing. Knauf may need to verify the individual's identity. Knauf will inform such individual of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of his/her consent. Knauf will cease to collect, use or disclose the personal information upon such withdrawal of consent unless otherwise permitted or required by any applicable laws and/or regulations.
1.13 Complaints and Further Information
Further information may be obtained about how Knauf manages personal information from the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). If an individual believes that Knauf has breached its privacy obligations or that individual’s privacy rights in any way, a complaint can be made to the Privacy Officer (see contact details below) or through the FairCall Hotline. Knauf will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint. Information may also be sought from the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
1.14 Knauf Contact Details
Please contact Knauf about privacy-related issues by post:
The Privacy Officer
Knauf Gypsum Pty Ltd
3 Thackeray Street
Camellia NSW 2142
1800 139 957
1.15 Updates to this Policy